Dialysis nurseFull time
Duties and Responsibilities of Dialysis Nurse
A hemodialysis nurse has very specific duties and responsibilities, including:
- Talking with their patients to understand their overall condition and whether there have been any changes.
- Educate their patients about their health condition and what their various treatment options are.
- Checking their patients’ vital signs.
- Overseeing the entire hemodialysis procedure, and monitoring the patient’s comfort and condition throughout.
- Ensuring that their patients are correctly taking the medications their doctors have ordered for them.
- Noting their patients’ response to hemodialysis treatment and medications.
- Reviewing all the various information regarding the patient, including their lab work and activities, and informing the patient’s doctors about any changes in condition that need to be addressed.
- Assisting their patients in following-up with their transplant center, getting the appropriate questions asked and answered.
- Coordinating with and supporting their patient’s entire care team, including the primary doctor, dietician, and more, to ensure that the patient receives the absolute best care possible.
- B.Sc (Dialysis Technology )
Key Skills / Specialities