Resident Medical OfficerFull time
- They attend all casualty calls. Treat both out-patients and patients coming for admission. They usually treat simple cases by themselves and refer tricky or complicated cases to the same hospital consultant the next day.
- They go for ward rounds daily. Attend ward patients before the consultant, make note of the necessary changes in symptoms,blood reports and treatment.
- They attend all in-patient emergency calls before the consultant arrives.
- They sign claim and reimbursement documents.
- They certify death and issue certificates.
- Interested RMOs attend operation theatre procedures and assist surgeons.
- Usually in big hospitals RMOs work in three shifts (8hours duty). In small hospitals they work in two shifts of 12 hours each.
- They usually communicate with the consultants and are supposed to spend more time with the patient.
- These are the usual duties of RMO in indian multispeciality hospitals.
- MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Science)
Key Skills / Specialities
Resident Doctor, Duty Doctor