Senior Consultant - Radiation OncologyFull time
I. JOB PURPOSE
Coordination with a medical physicist for plan evaluation and implementation
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consultation: The clinical evaluation of a patient for consideration of radiation therapy including the establishment of tumour stage or extent and tumour location and statement of options for treatment with a general statement regarding total dose and time along with informed consent.
- Establishment of Plan: The elements of the overall plan of treatment are developed.
- Treatment plan evaluation, approval and documentation
- Follow up evaluation as well as mortality and morbidity audit.
- Coordination with a medical physicist for plan evaluation and implementation.
- Education and training for physicians including DNB students, physicist, radiation therapists, nurses and medical technical assistants.
- Decisions concerning patient care management, including responsibility for approving orders, rest ultimately with the Consultant.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures implemented in the department “contain proper elements of good radiation oncology practice, delivery of treatment, radiation safety, quality control, quality assurance and regulatory compliance”.
- To control attendance, discipline, posting/duty Rosters, Leave etc. of all doctors.
- MD/DNB Radiation Oncology
Key Skills / Specialities
Nursing, Radiation Therapy Technologist, Radiation Oncologist